Biela Cg 125 2002/2003 Motorcycle Engine Connecting Rods CG titan
1. Brief introduction
A connecting rod is a crucial component which connects a piston to a crank or crankshaft in an engine. Together with the crank, it causes a simple mechanism that
converts reciprocating motion into rotating motion.
2. What causes connecting rod failure?
Over revving is the main cause of connecting rod failures in
new and high performance engines. If the tachometer hits the red,
even briefly, the connection rods are in danger of breaking.
3. What is the difference between connecting rod and piston rod?
Technically speaking there is no difference between connecting rod
and piston rod, and the terms are often used as synonyms in the
industry. The piston connecting rods are the main parts of an
engine and can also be termed as the backbone of an engine.
4. How to replace rod bearings?
Tips for Changing Connecting Rod Bearings
Organize Your Tools. Just like any job or project you are doing, it
is important that you prepare or organize the tools or equipments
you will need for the job
- Compare the Old Bearing to the New. ...
- Mark the Parts. ...
- Tapping the Bearings. Removing the old bearings from the connecting
rod may require a little help.
- Cleaning the Parts. Clean all the parts that you remove from your