UV Resistance 4 x 4 Wire Back Silt Fence with Welded Wire Mesh
Wire Back Silt Fence is also called welded wire mesh fabric. It is widely used in
rivers, lakes and sea. Sometimes (misleadingly) called "filter fence", is a temporary sediment control device used on rivers. The silt
fence has great ability of UV resist.
1. Specifications of 14 ga slit fence
- Grab Tensile (lbs) - 111 Warp x 101 Fill
- Grab Elongation - 29%
- Trapezoid Tear (lbs) - 42x38
- Puncture - 65 lbs.
- Mullen Burst - 158.5 psi
- UV Resistance - 80%/500 hours
- Apparent Opening Size - #35 US Sieve
- Flow Rate - 17 gallons/minute/sq. Ft.
2. Common Size of 14 ga Slit Fence
Silt Fence: 70g - 100g
Wire Gauge: 12g, 12.5g, 14g, 14.5g
Mesh Size: 2x4, 4x4.
Roll size: 24"x100', 36"x100'.
3. Installation of Silt Fence
14 GA Silt fence is designed to pool water on your site while
sediment settles out of it. In order for your silt fence to be
effective, the fabric must be trenched at least six inches into the
ground so that it will contain stormwater on your site (see diagram
below). There are also machines that will slice the fabric into the
ground. The slicing method of installation is typically faster and
more effective than trenching. While this may be a big investment
initially, in the long run it can save a significant amount of time
in both installation and maintenance.