Product Name : Leading screw instead of belt driving Platform
screen door system with TS16949 certificate
Platform screen doors (PSDs) at train or subway stations screen the
platform from the train. They are a relatively new addition to many metro systems around
the world; some having been retrofitted to established systems.
They are widely used in Asian and European metro systems. The platform doors slide open or closed
simultaneously with the train doors.
These doors help to:
- Prevent accidental falls off the platform onto the lower track
area, suicide attempts and homicides by pushing.
- Prevent or reduce wind felt by the passengers caused by the Piston effect which could in some circumstances make people fall over
- Reduce the risk of accidents, especially from service trains
passing through the station at high speeds.
- Improve climate control within the station (heating, ventilation,
and air conditioning are more effective when the station is
physically isolated from the tunnel).
- Improve security - access to the tracks and tunnels is restricted.
- Lower costs - eliminate the need for motormen or conductors when used in conjunction with Automatic Train Operation, thereby reducing manpower costs.
- Prevent litter build up on the track which can be a fire risk.
PF400 Platform screen door is developed by Ivy Machinery based on
North America rail sliding door technology combining with Chinese
metro system environment. The design philosophy is to build simple,
reliable, Environmental, and energy saving system.
Normal operation mode After the train parks within the required range, ATC system will
give door opening or closing order to the central control cabinet
(PSC). Then PSC gives order to individual DCU to implement the door
opening and closing.
System Failure Mode In case the system control fails, the station operator can open
and close the platform door using the control panel in the station
Door Unit Failure mode If the individual door has mechanical or electrical problem, the
platform operator can open and close door by using local key.
PF400 Platform screen door consists of Mechanical & Electrical
system. Mechanical system includes frame structure, door operator,
sliding door, fixed door, emergency door, and end door.; Electrical
system includes power supply, door control unit (DCU), central
control cabinet (PSC), & network connection equipments.
The door operator consists of driving mechanism, hanging mechanism,
guiding mechanism, and locking & unlocking mechanism.
- Driving mechanism includes DC motor and multi-head ball screw to
achieve smooth motion and high reliability. The DC motor is
connected to shaft connector, gear box, leading screw and driving
nut in order. Driving nut is then connected to the door hanger and
door panel. The door panel is horizontal sliding as long as lead
- Hanging system includes hanger and guide rod. Hanger is connected
to the door panel and meanwhile is also connected to the guide rod
through the linear bearing. Therefore the weight of door panel is
transferred to the guide rod, which is installed on the frame;
- Guiding mechanism consists of lower guide roller and track. When
the door panel moves, the roller installed on the low part of door
panel will rotate around the guide track. The lower guide track is
installed on the structure frame.
- Locking and unlocking mechanism include spring locking &
solenoid activated unlocking mechanism and emergency unlocking
- DCU controls the door movement by getting orders from central
control panel. The function of DCU is to control individual door
movement and communicate with other DCU and central control panel;
- The sensitive edge system is part of electrical system. When the
sensitive edge installed on the door panel hits the obstacle during
the closing, the door panel will start to open to avoid pinching.
The function is achieved by two ways. The first is achieved by
pressure wave switch which is connected to the door panel rubber
seals and the second one is achieved by checking the current
reaction from the motor;
- Central control Cabinet (PSC) consists of central logic control
(PEDC) and monitoring system (MMS). The CAN based technology is
used to connect the PSC and DCU.
III. Main Parameters
|Operation Temperature||-40°C - 60°C|
|Operation Voltage||DC12V or DC24V|
|Driving Mechanism||Leading screw|
|Minimum Life Cycle||1,000,000|
|Door Closing or Opening Time||1.5 – 3.5 Seconds|
|Style||full and half height |
IV. Product Advantage
- Ivy developed CAN based platform door system to ensure Economical,
flexible, and reliable system;
- Anti-disturbing and wide environment temperature situation has been
considered into the product design and component quality;
- Stable, well controlled, long life driving mechanism by using
multi-head, self lubricated lead screw and linear bearing;
- Pressure wave sensitive edge as prime sensitive edge and current
reaction as secondary sensitive edge to achieve high sensitivity
- No high voltage inside the door structure frame of the platform
door to ensure safety;
- The best chip in the world and imported other key components to
ensure the high reliability.
Question 1: We have special requirement, can it be achieved?
We have more than 10 designers for design and help customer with
their special requirement. We are happy to help customer to solve
their problem with doors
Question 2: Are You a Manufactory or Trade Company?
We are a professional manufacturer and has professional
Question 3: Where Is Your Factory Located? How can I Visit There?
Our factory is located in Nanjing , Jiangsu China, one hour far from Shanghai by train. The production plant, research base and office block together
occupy an area of 18,000 square meters.We can pick you up from Shanghai airport and then go to our factory, it takes about one hour by
train. Warmly welcome you to visit our factory!
Question 4: How Many Days Will Samples Be Finished? How about The Mass
We are honored to offer our existing samples to be evaluated
Sample lead time: 2 days after confirm the artwork
Production lead time: 10-15days after payment
Question 5 : When Can I Get the Price?
We usually quote within 24 hours after we get your inquiry. If you
are very urgent to get the price, please call us or tell us in your
mail so that we will give priority to your inquiry.
Question 6: Can You do OEM Orders?
Yes, with 15 years of OEM experience, we will be extremely happy to
offer OEM service. Warmly welcome your orders!
Question 7: What about Your Payment Term?
Usually we accept T/T, other methods could be negotiated.Payment of 30% needs to be made in advance , rest of the 70% payment should be made within 5 days before shipment. We can also accept Paypal and West Union .