Based on the properties of carrageenan, it is commonly used in the
food industry as a thickener, gelling agent, suspending agent,
emulsifier and stabilizer.
1. Carrageenan has a unique ability to complex with proteins in
milk, so a thixotropic structure can be formed in the milk beverage
to prevent precipitation due to aggregation between particles.
2. As a suspending agent and stabilizer, carrageenan can make fine
pulp particles evenly suspended in the juice, greatly reducing the
speed of sinking.
3. Carrageenan is used as a stabilizer in solid beverages, which
can improve its brewing properties, and the beverage is stable and
difficult to stratify after flushing.
4.Carrageenan can be used as a clarifying agent in wine beverages
and as a foam stabilizer.
5. Carrageenan has the functions of gel, emulsification, water
retention and elasticity enhancement on the ham and ham, and the
most important is to provide proper water retention. It is an
additive necessary for making ham.
6. Carrageenan is the preferred gel for jelly because of its unique
gel properties. The fruit jelly made from carrageenan is elastic
and not water-repellent.
7.It can replace the commonly used agar, gelatin and pectin. The
jelly made of agar is not elastic enough and the price is high; the
disadvantage of using gelatin as fruit jelly is that the
solidification and melting point is low, and the preparation and
storage are low-temperature refrigeration; the disadvantage of
using pectin is that it needs to increase the concentration of
sugar and It can be solidified at an appropriate pH.