Chamomile or camomile is a plants of the family Asteraceae.
Matricaria chamomilla (also known as Matricaria recutita), German
chamomile or wild chamomile, the most commonly used species.
Chamomile is an herb that people have used for centuries. Two types
of chamomile are used for good health: German chamomile (Matricaria
retutica) and Roman (or English) chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile).
German chamomile is used and studied the most. A German
governmental organization (Commission E) has approved its use on
the skin to reduce swelling and fight bacteria and as a tea or
dietary supplement for stomach cramps.
|Botanical Name:||Matricaria chamomilla|
|Country of Origin:||Nepal|
|Method of separation:||Cold pressed|
|Color and appearance:||Pale yellow clear liquid|
|Refractive Index at 25°C||1.4345 to 1.4399|
|Specific Gravity at 25°C||0.879 to 0.904|
- German chamomile is used to treat irritation from chest colds,
slow-healing wounds, abscesses, gum inflammation.
- It is also used to treat skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema,
chickenpox, and diaper rash.Roman chamomile used as a tea to treat
an upset stomach, sleeping problems, or menstrual pain.
- Chamomile has a number of health benefits, and many of them have
been scientifically studied in clinical trials.
- Chamomile is one of the most widely studied and most commonly used
herbal medicines in the world.
- Chamomile tea is known to reduce blood pressure and stress levels.
- Extract of chamomile is known to inhibit the multiplication of
cancer cells, whereas it does not affect normal cells in any way.
- Chamomile is also useful in relieving gastrointestinal problems and
has been proven to work for colic, upset stomach, flatulence and
- Using chamomile extract as mouth wash has been known to be
effective in the treatment of mouth ulcers.