This rare book compiled by William Caw and published by R & R.
Clark Ltd, Edinburgh in 1912 was produced for the members of the
King James V1 Golf Club to inform them as to how the club was
founded in 1859 by 5 gentlemen golfers, one of whom was the Rev.
Charles Robertson known as ‘Gowfin Charlie’ and who was the first
Captain of the Club.
The book consists of 66 pages detailing how the course and Club
House was created on Moncreiffe Island, the various matches,
records of the winners and the Captains from 1858 to 1911. There
are 3 black/white images and a map showing the course layout in
The overall condition of the book is good. The pages remain tightly
bound with no tears, brown spots or hand written notes or
dedications. The colour of the spine has faded, probably caused by
sunlight whilst positioned on a bookshelf.
The book measures 7.5” deep x 5.25” across. (19cm x 13cm)