- AMTEC Home >
- Cleaning agent for hemodialysis machine Product
Odorless calcium carbonate scale removerSAN-FREE-L
Acetic acid has been popularly used as a calcium carbonate scale
remover for hemodialysis machines.
However, acetic acid is seen as a problem because of:
◆Unpleasant odor (pungent odor) in the working environment
◆Serious effect on O-rings, metals, and other device members as
well as piping
◆High environmental burden
SAN-FREE-L is an odorless calcium carbonate scale remover for
hemodialysis machines, which solves the above-mentioned problems
and achieves markedly outstanding economy.
1. Provides calcium carbonate scale removal characteristics that
can replace acetic acid.
2. Being nearly odorless and free of unpleasant odor at the time of
use, it solves problems of
the work environment.
3. Exhibits low corrosiveness to metals and organic polymer parts
such as O-rings, and exerts
no detrimental effects.
4. All the ingredients are composed of food additives. Highly safe
to the human body.
5. Reduces environmental burden compared to acetic acid.
6. Stable high-concentration liquid product and easy to dilute.
Provides superb workability.
|Appearance||Colorless or pale yellow, low-viscosity clear liquid|
※Stock solution may yellow but this does not cause any problem in
|Active ingredients||Carboxylic acid-based compound (food additive) blended substance|
※Stock solution smells slightly sweet but the diluted solution is
|pH (25°C)||2.35±0.10 (100-times diluent)|
|Packaging form||16L/cardboard box|
|Directions for use||■SAN-FREE-L applied final dilution ratio|
1. Final dilution ratio is 150 to 250 times.
※As a standard dilution ratio, 200-times dilution is recommended.
※Both single through-pass systems and static immersion systems
may be applicable, but single through-pass systems are more
・Concentration should be adjusted suitably in accordance with the
adhering volume of calcium carbonate inside the device line.
・For preliminary dilution work, SAN-FREE-L should be added to RO
water (SAN-FREE-L dilutes very well in water, but simple
is required after mixing for homogenization).
■Good rule-of-thumb for water-rinsing time
1. Whether or not ETRF is installed, rinse with RO water for 30 to
minutes until the pH of the drain water reaches the neutral
(in general, pH 6.0 or higher).
※Usage may vary according to manufacturer and model.
Comparison of characteristics between SAN-FREE-L and acetic acid
|Odor||Nearly odorless||Strong pungent odor|
|Dissolving capabilities of calcium carbonate scale||High dissolving power||High dissolving power|
|Effect on O-rings and other polymer material||Less compared to acetic acid||Promotes expansion and deterioration.|
|Environmental burden||Less compared to acetic acid||High environmental burden|
Points to consider in use and precautions for use
1. Never mix with sodium hypochlorite and chlorine-based products.
※Chlorine gas toxic to the human body is generated.
2. Do not mix with alkaline products, strong oxidizing agents or
strong reducing agents.
3. Avoid long-term storage of high-diluted solution (50 times or
Back to product categories.
Contact us with any questions. Call Yokoyama of Sales Promotion
Section at +81-6-6447-6555 or send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org